Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Candle in the Wind

From: dstuedeman@sunwest2.West.Sun.COM (Donna Stuedeman - Sun HR AA)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1991 12:29:06 -0800
Subject: Candle in the Wind
To: Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Cc: donnalee@live105.West.Sun.COM

Live 105 in San Francisco just played Kate Bush's
version of "Candle in the Wind".

I can only offer a first impression, since this is
the first time I've heard it.  I think it sounds too
much like the original version done by Elton John.
If I wanted to hear that, I'd listen to his version.
I much prefer "Rocket Man" which is original and
unique...much more like the Kate we all know and love.

Still, it's Kate's voice, so it couldn't be all that
bad, right?  =-)

-Donna