Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jane Pronunciation

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1991 19:23:38 -0800
Subject: Re: Jane Pronunciation
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Greg Blouch asks:

>I was playing a song by Jane Siberry on my radio show Monday when I
>realized I wasn't exactly sure how to pronounce her last name.
>Is it SEEberry or SIberry (long I)?  I myself have said it both ways
>when people ask about her.
          _
"sih-burr-e"  Say it fast and it sounds a bit like "slippery"

Source?  The station ID Vickie got Jane to do for SiG...

(until I heard Jane say it, I was 'certain' it was "Sih-barry")

So which song did you play?

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                |  Life is a lot like the Freak Show     |
|                                |  Nobody laughs when they leave.        |