Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest #7.361

From: Zimri Smith <ST701790@brownvm.brown.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1991 22:10:52 -0800
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest #7.361
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

I came in to the computer center here with the vague notion of writing
some sort of rant about censorship, the PMRC, and the use of the word
"censorship" to decry people who are generally acting like assholes,
but Ben Haller beat me to it. That makes my comment easy: just
wanted to say that I thoroughly agree with Ben: putting labels
on music is *not* censorship (although it may be many other things;
prudish and bone-headed spring immediately to mind), and the word
should indeed be reserved for genuine cases.