Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My lucky day

From: stevev@greylady.uoregon.edu (Steve VanDevender)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1991 20:06:14 -0800
Subject: My lucky day
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Friday evening my brother came to visit, and asked me "How much
do you like Kate Bush?"  I said "amazingly much," of course.  He
said that he had seen a black box with the name Kate Bush on it
at our favorite local record store.

So Saturday evening I stopped by and there indeed was this big
black box with the name Kate Bush on it, as well as "This Woman's
Work--Anthology 1978-1990".  I had encountered something I never
thought I would see--the UK box set available for _me_ to buy.
How many of those are supposed to exist?  I thought they were
already all gone.  This one wasn't shrink-wrapped or sealed, but
everything was there.

It was about $165, which is on the low end of the retail prices
I've been seeing, so I couldn't resist.

Now I _have_ to get a CD player.

Steve VanDevender 	stevev@greylady.uoregon.edu
"Bipedalism--an unrecognized disease affecting over 99% of the population.
Symptoms include lack of traffic sense, slow rate of travel, and the
classic, easily recognized behavior known as walking."