Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rocketman Opinion and Austin's new radio station.

From: brianb@natinst.com (Brian Bloom)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1991 06:34:22 -0800
Subject: Rocketman Opinion and Austin's new radio station.
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

This is two revelations in one, so please excuse.  I got a phone
call Friday from a friend here in Austin asking me if I had heard the
new station in town.  I'm a radio-flipper, but had not come across any
new stations.  Well she tells me to tune to 107.7 and lo and behold,
it's a *new* station!  KNNC, calling themselves K-NAC whose playlist
follows that of KROQ (L.A.), KITS (S.F.) and the Edge, 94.7 (Dallas)!

It was *awesome*!! I listened for hours and loved every song they played:
Cure, NIN, Happy Mondays, Missing Persons, Electronic, Siouxsie & Co.,
Yaz, Violent Femmes, etc. etc.....

While listening, I heard an instantly recognizable voice, our beloved
KaTe!  I dropped what I was doing to listen to the song.  I thought
it might be one of her older ones that I hadn't heard ( I have her
stuff from The Dreaming and on)  But as I listened it dawned on me that
it was the Rocketman tribute and I thought it was *G R E A T*

I didn't find the beat offensive at all but rather wonderfully quirky,
and now place Rocketman in my top 5 favorite KaTesongs.  Please let
me know if it'll be released as a single!

So anyone, here's a thumbs up to her latest tune;  Plus a plug for KNAC:
If you're in the Austin/Round Rock/Georgetown area, support K-NAC, help
them get started in a *very* competitive radio market!  Remember 107.7!

   \__/_/       \/_/ \_\/         \/_/ \_\/ \_\/   brianb@natinst.com