Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I stand corrected

From: judi@coyote.datalog.com (Judi McKernan)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1991 10:50:00 -0800
Subject: I stand corrected
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

   Larry, you have a good point. When I said that there was no comparison
in looks between Mary and Kate, I was thinking of the Kate on the cover
of The Whole Story (Wow!), and the whole statement was entirely IMHO. Yes,
there are times when Kate, too, looks a bit tired and worn, and of course
she is getting older, as we all do. I stand corrected. Of course, when I
said KaTe was truly beautiful, I was referring to more than looks alone...

   Also- does anyone have the entire list of songs, etc. included on
DeDiKaTed, KaTe's tribute album? I only caught the tail end of that thread.
Does it include Sting's version of "Cloudbusting", which he dedicated to
"Save the Amazon Rainforests?"

   (Yes, I know I'm a poop, and should be able to keep up with ALL of .gaffa,
but sometimes I don't get a chance to read things for a week or so, and by
then I've missed too much....  I also have a crappy memory! So, it may have
been posted, and I may have just forgotten! See what too much drugs and booze
can do to ya..... IMHO, of course.)

P.S-  Yes, yes, YES! KaTe's version of "Lord of the Reedy River" is
      absolutely stunning! This is the song I often play when I want to
      turn people on to the incredible strength and beauty of Her voice.

              judi