Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate's Got a Squeeze Box...

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1991 01:11:20 -0700
Subject: Kate's Got a Squeeze Box...
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

We just got _Two Rooms_ and I'm surprised that nobody has
recognized the true signifigance of Kate's cut.  Sure, she can
call it a concertina and claim that it was played by one Alistair
Anderson but this is quite obviously the first ever Kate Bush,
Weird Al collaboration.

I'm reserving judgement on this one for now.  It grew on me a bit
on only the second listen so we'll see.  For now though, least I
should appear dissapointingly uncynical, I'll just mention that I
got the feeling that Kate really wasn't sure where she wanted to go
with this one.

Meanwhile this CD belongs to Popmiesters Michael and Collins with
Rockenstiens Clapton and Bon Jovi following.  For me these tracks
really did the best job of capturing the Taupin/John chemistry.

_Burn Down the Mission_ left me with the same feeling as nearly
every good Collins cut: wishing that Phil would wander in some day
when Kate and Del are getting ready to lay down a drum track and
show them how it's done.

                "I'm Mr. Bad Example, intruder in the dirt
                 I like to have a good time and I don't care who get's hurt
                 I'm Mr. Bad Example, take a look at me
                 I'll live to be a hundred and go down in history"

                     -- Warren Zevon "Mr. Bad Example"

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP