Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Rocket Man

From: tlhouns@PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1991 13:01:20 -0700
Subject: Re: Rocket Man
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@PacBell.COM (Pacific Bell Netnews)

lcliffor@cc7.bbn.COM (Laura Clifford) writes:
: >How to say it gently?
: >I don't think she's at her best here.
: >I expected something more like "Rocket's Tail" than "Rockin' Reggae".
: Well, I couldn't agree more.. [..] I'm not rushing out to buy "Two Rooms".

Hmmm.. I couldn't *disagree* more.  "Rocket Man" is one of my favorite songs
from way back when I was a little ol' tyke, even.  And I was more than a little
apprehensive about having it trashed.  However, after hearing the song for the
first time about 5 minutes ago, I think KaTe's version of the song, although
not mainstream, is very good!!  I have to say "go rush out and buy 'Two Rooms'."

--
Lee Hounshell