Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rocket Man

From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hill)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1991 00:42:39 -0700
Subject: Rocket Man
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

        Today I was working as usual at Price Club, thinking that this would
be just another day at Price Club with the only excitement of the day being
provided by the big Dynasty reunion on TV tonight.  I was told to go on a
"run", which means to go find an item on the floor and get it's number, as I
was "run"ing (ha! Actually walking briskly) I looked toward the right and
noticed a CD that said "Two Rooms".  It took a couple of milli-seconds for my
brain to reconsile this bizzare collision of worlds, the last place I would've
expected to see "Two Rooms", or anything related to KB would be at Price Club,
we normally only get the REALLY BIG Cds.  Good thing was it's only 10.99 there
and I didn't even have to pay for gas!  :-)
        My first impression is that I think the first half or so is pretty
good, but then the instruments come on to strong for me.  I keep thinking of
the last time we had an original Kate song on an album with others, "This
Womans's Work", which to me was the BEST of TSW songs.  Well, I always liked
Space Oddity better anyway!

Ron Hill

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com