Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

more sTuff

From: your tragic beauty <REWOICC%ERENJ@pucc.PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1991 06:03:15 -0700
Subject: more sTuff
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

vickie sez:
>There does exist a radio promo CD single for "Rocket Man" which I
>haven't seen, but should have (hopefully) in a week or so.

for those of you who order your cds (or some of them anyways) from
noteworthy music, _two rooms_ will be available on 22 october through
their mail order service. decent price as well: $12.

(re: not knowing what "love and anger" is about)
>Kate has said that over and over and I still don't truly believe it. She
>just doesn't want to explain something so....um....confusing :-)

either that, or like you and meredith, she can't articulate what the
song means to her while knowing perfectly well what it means to her-
self.

i dunno what i think of the song - i think initially i was content
to listen to it. i was perplexed by the people who stated that it was
a pale shade of "the big sky" (i guess there was many comparisons
drawn due to the percussive nature of the song) as the song obviously
meant something, while "the big sky" was more of a romp through the
atmosphere. now, my opinions are colored by the interpretations of
others, and i don't really know what i think about it.

i do know that the high point of it for me is when she sings the phrase
"speaking in sympathy...". it's like a two-episode cliffhanger that
you forget to watch the second part of - frustrating, but oh so deli-
cious...

woj@remus.rutgers.edu - rewoicc@erenj.bitnet - so i made him toast...