Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

To Post Or Not To Post.....

From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hill)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1991 00:13:22 -0700
Subject: To Post Or Not To Post.....
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

        I think the interesting thing about posting something personal is that
it, in a sense, is simular to putting something personal in a song, like Kate
does.  You have to put it out for all to see, including several groups:

        A) People who like or can relate to what you are feeling.
        B) People who are indifferent.
        C) People who will react rudely.
        D) People who will react in a way that you you view as rude, but
wasn't intended as such.

        In a group of 300 people it is inevitable that there will be people in
all groups.  I guess the real question is whether or not reaching the A)s is
worth dealing with the C)s and trying to come to terms with the D)s.  I think
it's best to say what you really feel, in most circumstances, as the people
who do are, to me, usually the only people worth knowing, just as artists like
Kate are, in some ways, the only ones worth listening to.

Ron Hill

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com