Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

here's some sweetness and #&!@ light for ya

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1991 10:26:25 -0700
Subject: here's some sweetness and #&!@ light for ya
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

just spent a coupla hours and $5 catching up on the last week of .gaffa --
our newsfeed is down here at the labs...

only survived the experience by chewing my own leg off.

many many thanks to boris, stev0, woj, meredith, and a few others
for posting *something* of interest...

BTW, i feel badly about my gut response to Tracy Robyn
Sommervill -- while i disagreed with her style and content, my own
critical post wasn't much use, except in scaring her off.  KaTe knows
we need more interesting, informed opinions in this group!  Many
thanks to Richard Caldwell for his polite and enlightening email
on the subject.

a little tip for Cynthia Rosas:  sarcasm really is not an effective
rhetorical device in the newsgroup medium...  tends to make the
writer look a *lot* more foolish than the target.

the druk man said it right:
> I feel like one of those old cigarette ads - I'd rather fight than switch.
> Gaffa is a rough and tumble forum for those with strong stomachs.  Kate's
> music is deserving of serious attention, and decrying those with critical
> opinions is nothing but harmful.

i *like* disagreement, i'm fascinated by emotional outpourings,
i devote hours to obscure technical debates... like jon says,
KaTe's music is fertile enough to support a stinking jungle of
critical opinion... (urf, i *hope* jon said that -- i'd hate to think
i thought that up ;)

what i hate are *boring* posts!!!!

BTW, the best 3 songs in a row are RUTH RUTH RUTH -- love that repeat!

anyone else hear the dijeridu on _diamonds and pearls_?

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot