Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cynthia's comment

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1991 09:40:16 -0700
Subject: Cynthia's comment
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

> brownfld@rcnext.cso.uiuc.EDU (Kenneth R Brownfield):
> Jorn writes:
> >>In article <T2qF01w164w@bsbbs.UUCPCynthia of BigSky writes:
> >>As for the Kate/Catherine thing, the  whole "Catherine"
> >>supposition is darn near too presumptuous, and not to mention
> [chop]
> >>an eyesocket from rolling 'em so hard on that one!  Well,
> >>everybody's got an opinion, and that was mine.  Party on,
> >>and on an unrelated note, PLEASE, neuter your pets!
>
>      I'd like to see your Masters in Psychology, I really would.

Um, I didn't know I needed one to express an opinion about a
subject matter that has nothing to do with psychology.

>      You have no right to believe what you believe.

Oh, gosh, I am so sorry!  I didn't know!!  I was under a
mistaken impression that I lived in America, where thoughts
and beliefs are free.  I didn't know I lived in
"Ken-Decides-What-You-Can-Believe-Land".  Forgive me, my Lord.

>      Now, stop and see what you're thinking.  Put yourself in Jorn's shoes and

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwww!  Icky!

> tell me that anyone really has the right to opinionate

Yes, I'm afraid anyone does, if you mean to give an opinion.

> or in any way compromise what someone believes.

I didn't compromise anyone's beliefs.  I stated my own.

 >Dammit, all the world needs is people
> running around simplifying and ridiculing inner thoughts and beliefs.  If
> sharing personal thoughts weren't so damned taboo in this country, and to a
> varying extent the world, I think we'd all be a lot happier and closer.  You
> can disagree, but telling someone that their inner feelings are bad or wrong
Mucho histrionics deleted...

Yeah yeah, what it boils down to is that you disagree with me.
So what?  That's what makes the world go around.  I didn;t say
anyone's feelings were bad or wrong.  I said I found the
writing style to be goofy, and the attitude to be
sychophantic.  I did, I do, I said so.  My prerogative, as it
is yours to disagree.  However, it's not enough to disagree,
you seem to be saying I shouldn't have my opinion or belief.
Sorry, Ken, no can do.

>      If you can't share and accept your feelings and everything else that's
> inside you, why snap at those who can?  What in _the_ hell do think Kate's
> music and this group of wonderful people is all about, anyway?  What do you
> think humans are about?  Trust me, it's your loss.

I most certainly can and do share my fellings.  I didn't snap
at anybody.  I stated an opinion that I was reminded about
when the Kate/Catherine thing was recently mentioned again.
Your righteous indignation would most certainly be better
spent at some sort of real injustice in this world, as opposed
to people who don't share your every view.
I think humans are about individuality and variety. So what's
YOUR problem?

>      I can't help but notice that your unrelated note was about as constructive
> as your entire argument.  Face it, when blindly asking a group of people to
> neuter their pets is about as worthwhile as your argument, you may want to add
> some filler.  It all comes down to one thing: beliefs aren't opinions.  I
> believe what I believe, period.  Jorn is not different.

That you even would make such an issue of essentially an
informal signoff shows you very badly need to take up a hobby
 _other_ than trying to curtail the civil liberties of others.

>      I personally disagree on some of Jorn's points, but it doesn't mean he's
> wrong.  _Nothing_ means his feelings are wrong.

No feelings are wrong.  His or mine or anyone's, as long as
they are saying how they feel.  But they are also subject to
the reactions and opinions of others, especially in a forum
such as this.

> >>Seriously, this wounds me to the point of wishing you'd curl up
> >>and blow away.  Why do I even try to communicate if little twerps
> >>like you are gonna feel you can dump on me that way?
>
>      Look at it this way.  If they can't understand it, they're already curled
> up and blown away in the first place.  It merely saves you the trouble.
>
>                                                         Ken.
> 						 brownfld@uiuc.edu

My my my, how difficult it is for some folks to deal with a
divergent viewpoint!

See ya'll later.  By the by, due to my post/receiving
circumstances, I may be a day or two behind, as I don't have
access all weekend. Slowly but surely, I'm plodding thru and
catching up.   So, I still hope you'll neuter your pets. :-)

Cynthia Rosas

----
cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP (Cynthia Rosas)
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)