Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Danielle Dax and Cabin Boys

From: aurs01!aurxc3!whitcomb@mcnc.org (Jonathan Whitcomb)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1991 07:07:38 -0700
Subject: Danielle Dax and Cabin Boys
To: mcnc.uucp!aurs01!Love-Hounds%wiretap.Spies.COM@mcnc.org

vishal@m2.csc.ti.com (Vishal Markandey) writes:
>Other favorites:
>
>Danielle Dax's "Dark Adapted Eye" (the good stuff doesn't
>start till like song 10)...

Yowch!  Danielle Dax is wonderful.  "Dark Adapted Eye" is a
US compilation of her "Inky Bloaters" album and various
singles.  Personally, I don't think there's a bad song in
the batch.  "Cat House" is a hysterically funny spoof on sex
kitten dance rock songs, and naturally, it became a dance hit.
"Bad Ms. M" a wonderful stab at Maggy Thatcher, and "Big Hollow
Man" a great satire on TV evangelists... with a beat!

I would think that folks who like Kate Bush for her wide musical
range and diverse lyrics would love Dax... especially those who
wish Ms. Bush would crank out a dance tune from time to time.

I saw Dax perform in Boston a couple of years ago, and she really
puts on a show.

stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin) writes:
>On another topic, in the song "The Handsome Cabin Boy", what IS the
>very last line of the song?  All I can make out it "'Tis I that
>(something something something) the handsome cabin boy".

Funny, I was wondering that myself last night as I listened to my
new "This Woman's Work" box set, and I looked it up in the lyric
sheet.  It read:

"Tis either you or me's betrayed the handsome cabin boy"

Nice to hear it without surface noise!

-Jonathan
whitcomb%aurgate@mcnc.org