Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Montana's Giraffes

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1991 12:07:00 -0700
Subject: Montana's Giraffes
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Steve Berlin writes:
EAGLE.WESLEYAN. EDU (MasterMind) writes:

>> BTW, which state is The Big Sky state?  Montana?  Missouri?

> Montana.  Now, what's interesting is that according to _Kate Bush,
> a Visual Documentry_ (IMHO the only good Kate Book), when Kate did
> a radio show for 1981's New Years, she closed with the song "Montana" by
> Frank Zappa.  Do I see a connection here?

Yes. This is tied in with the John Wayne movie I was talking about.
_The Big Sky_ film was set in Montana.

Unrelated (because I don't think there are giraffes in Montana :-), is that
Kate had the giraffes from the video behind her when she appeared in a taped
clip accepting an American MTV Video award. I can't remember (too lazy to go
look now) if she won best video for DwG or best female artist in 1986. The
giraffes were bobbing around behind her head while she was (in a silly voice)
saying "oh thank you veddy much." I imagine more than a few people were
totally perplexed :-). Someone from EMI America accepted the actual award
in person and then (total suprise, we almost fell on the floor!) this very
short clip of Kate was shown!

Vickie
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us