Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

'Brazil' poster in Fiseher King

From: Laura Clifford <lcliffor@cc7.bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1991 11:45:03 -0700
Subject: 'Brazil' poster in Fiseher King
To: love-hounds%eddie.mit.edu.uucp@BBN.COM
Cc: lcliffor@cc7.bbn.com

>I got lots of stares in the theater yesterday when I saw _The Fisher King_
>'cause I cracked up when Perry made the cloudbusting comment...
>(I also got some stares for laughing at the _Brazil_ poster on the wall
>in one scene).
>
>Jeff
>(whose kites often force people to look at the sky...;-)
>--
>|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |

My husband and I were at Gilliam's press conference for The Fisher King
in Toronto and Gilliam was asked if the Brazil poster in the video shop
was 'a cheap promotional plug'.  Gilliam agreed that it was and said that
ALL his movies' posters were hung in the video shop.  I WISH I had picked
up on the Cloudbusting line - didn't pick up on it or I could have ASKED...

Laura

P.S.  We've got the whole thing on video for about an hour - if anyone
      thinks it's worth transcribing, let me know.  Also, Flea from the
      Red Hot Chili Peppers was at Gus Van Sant's - most amusing person.