Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Friday Night, Saturday Morning

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1991 03:10:00 -0700
Subject: Friday Night, Saturday Morning
To: love-hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

Vickie here, Ron asked about this:

> Unidentified "Saturday Night?" Interview
> Circa 1982

>         This interview, done in front of an audience, is from an unknown
> source.  The theme music goes "Saturday Night, Saturday Night" something.
> Apparently the interview was during the making of, or right after the
> release of, The Dreaming.  Any further information is appreciated.

It's _Friday Night, Saturday Morning_. Dr. Desmond Morris (who wrote the
books _Manwatching_ and _The Naked Ape_, among many others) was the guest-
host interviewer. He specifically asked for Kate to be his guest.

It was aired during the making of TD. Shades of "Leave It Open"...this is my
favorite part:

K> ...if I didn't write the music, because in many ways I know the music so
K> inside out, and like backwards sometimes...
                        ^^^^^^^^^
I played the audio of this interview in one of my Kate Radio Specials,
and during that bit I cut it off and played the backwards version of LIO.

WELCOME BACK MEREDITH!!!!!!!

Vickie
katefans"at"chinet.chi.il.us

"They said we were buried here"  ETAK HSUB