Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and Religion

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1991 16:00:28 -0700
Subject: Kate and Religion
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Randy writes:

>Which set me to wondering: what, if anything, has Kate ever said about
>her metaphysical beliefs?  She seems sympathetic to Pagans and Witches
>(viz. "Waking the Witch"), but has she ever come out and specifically
>stated what she does or doesn't believe in in that domain?

Here's a clip from the HoL-era interview on the CD picture-interview-disc
CBAK 4011:

I:  You talk about energies quite a lot.  Do you subscribe to
a particular theory or religion or anything like that.

K:  (laughing)  Subscribe to a monthly manual.

I:  You know what I mean.

K:  No, I don't, really.  But I do think certain things help,
like I think trying to be positive about things is a very
helpful thing.  It can just stop you getting down, and to try
and enjoy things if you can.  But I don't have any kind of
religious beliefs, really.

Perhaps Ron can come up with a better quote from Cloudbusting; I just
happened to remember this bit and it's one of the few interviews I
actually have handy...

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |