Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TSW

From: gkushmer@jade.tufts.edu (Greg Kushmerek)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1991 10:42:17 -0700
Subject: TSW
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

To whom it may concern:

I only picked up on Kate Bush relatively recently.  It was the power of TSW
that in part drew me to her work.

Upon first hearing tracks from that album, I felt an immediate attraction
on both an aesthetic and and personal level toward her music.  In my own
personal (and never humble) opinion, I feel that her music on TSW has
benefited from a subtlety inherent in English society - she says and
broadcasts so much in that album without having to go around with a large
stick hitting everyone on the head with it to get her messages across.

Go ahead and not like it - maybe the art repels you, maybe you're too
nostalgic for something that belongs to the past.  I love that album and
see nothing bland or undeserving in it.

--gk