Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Alleged Kate sighting on Bravo last night!

From: L-H@cup.portal.com
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1991 00:46:53 -0700
Subject: Alleged Kate sighting on Bravo last night!
To: Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

Hi everyone,

Today at work, a person who really isn't a Kate fan(atic) but who does
appreciate her told me that he saw Kate last night (Tuesday) on the
Bravo (tm) cable T.V. network singing a song.  Not remembering at that
moment that this has been discussed before on Love-Hounds, I asked him
"Are you sure it was Kate?"  He said, "Oh yeah, it was." Pressing on,
I asked (in my usual unabashed way when it comes to discussing Kate to
people at work), "Are you _really_ sure?  If Kate was to appear on TV
anywhere in the world, believe me, I would know when it was going to
happen."  As the other people in the cubicle looked at each other in
total verification that indeed, Larry _is_ whacko about Kate Bush, he
answered, "I guarantee it was Kate!  I know how Kate looks, and she
has a very distinct singing style."  I said, "Hmm... What song was it?"
"I don't know," he said, which is understandable, since he probably doesn't
even own a Kate album (I've lent him videotapes and CDs in the past) "but
it was Kate, I'm sure of it."  He said that the 'background set' and music
had an "ethnic" feel to it.  It was only later on that I remember the
possibility of Kate appearing on Bravo being discussed here, so I ask you:
Could this be true??  Could someone please refresh my frazzled memory as
to what song and/or performance she was supposed to have done that was
possibly going to be broadcast on Bravo?  I plan to try to contact the
network tomorrow and see if indeed this is true.  Hopeful for a rerun if
it's true,

Larry (L-H@cup.portal.COM)    (or maybe a special tape of it from some kind
                               soul at Bravo if I beg hard enough.. :-)