Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I command this letter to pos

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@eddie (Chris'n'Vickie)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1991 10:23:00 -0700
Subject: Re: I command this letter to pos
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Chris here,

ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger) writes:

> 2) Has AAD vs AAA been debated to death on r.m.g?  Has Kate spoken about
> this? (A quick search for the word 'digital' turns up nothing in Cbusting
> It got me wondering whether KT would not recommend vinyl over CD since she
> uses analog for recording and editing.

   We have it on pretty good authority that Kate was the author of the
"Being of the Old School" bit in the Christmas 1983 issue of the KBC
newsletter. It detailed the writer's (Rev. Normal) reasons for preferring
analog over digital, using what sounds like the the Linn/Sondek "absolute
pitch" argument. I could type it in if anyone is curious.

> 3) Dogged Love-Hounds will remember the intriguing reference Ed found to
> Kate's never-published autobio, Leaving My Tracks.

   _Leaving My Tracks_. Right. _De-railed_ is more like it!

> 4) Anyone know if Kate chose the arrangement of songs on TWW 1 and 2?

   Kris & Peter were asked by EMI, a compliation tape was made. This
selection (much better than the release, but not as good as the Love-Hounds
one) was not used, in favor of the current one. We still don't know _who_
picked the one to use, EMI or KB. Representitives of each point the finger
at the other.

> 5) That mysterious Madame Maria Nanky, whose cover version of "Poor Old
> Flea" Kate favors, gets a thank-you in the HoL acknowledgements.

   Pretty Good Authority (PGA) tells us that Madame Maria Nanky, Enrico
Baratta, Reverand Normal and others are fictional characters invented
quite a while ago by Kate and her brother Paddy. Sharp-eyed viewers might
be able to spot Mr. Baratta in the _Experiment IV_ video as the silhouette
visible through the window of the Major's (?) office as Kate/Monster brings
in the tea.

                                        Chris Williams of
                                            Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
chinet.chi.il.us