Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

what's happening with Love-Hounds

From: The World Famous Bill Wisner <wisner>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1991 23:45:26 -0700
Subject: what's happening with Love-Hounds
To: Love-Hounds

Due to major lossage at the University of Alaska, Love-Hounds hasn't been
working for the last few weeks.  This problem happned at a singularly
bad time, as I was in Los Angeles with sporadic network access and thus
couldn't fix it.  Things have stabilized in my personal life a bit (if not
in Alaska) and I'm back again.  (and sorry, incidentally, about missing the
San Jose Katemas party.  maybe next year.)

Since I've left Alaska, there's nobody left who can properly fix the network
problems hayes has fallen victim to.  For this and other reasons, I've moved
the mailing list a bit closer to civilization.

Love-Hounds' new home is wiretap.Spies.COM.  The old addresses at EDDIE.MIT.EDU
will continue to work (at least, they will after the aliases there have been
updated).  wiretap should be more reliable than hayes.  And the addresses at
hayes.ims.alaska.edu will forward to wiretap, but if you use them it's at
your own risk.

The upshot of this all is that within two or three days Love-Hounds should
not merely be back to its normal state; it should be better.

The Love-Hounds archives will also be moved to wiretap (this should be good
news for *everybody* with FTP access, since the line to Alaska can be a mite
slow) but with one notable change: the base pathname will be just /love-hounds
instead of /pub/love-hounds.  Under /love-hounds all pathnames will remain
the same.

Sorry about all the problems, and if there are any more please let me know.

Your humble absentee pseudo-moderator,
Bill Wisner <wisner@Spies.COM> at large somewhere in southern California