Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT bits

From: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1991 01:39:59 -0800
Subject: KT bits
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Some minor bits of KTrivia which have accumulated whilst I have
been cut off from both gaffa and the digests.

The BBC used RUTH as background music for a trailer of their
coverage of the recent athletics meeting in Zurich.

In the September issue of Q Magazine there is a piece on Beverley
Craven (who appeared on the "Kurd-Aid" Simple Truth concert on May 12th).
Part of it states "She spent several "particularly hellish" years
squatting, waitressing, and auditioning for bands while she unlearnt her piano
lessons by copying heroes like Elton John, Stevie Wonder and, especially,
Kate Bush".

The MTV rerun of Saturday Night Live with Eric Idle and Kate Bush was
shown over here on BSkyB and cable on Saturday 10th August. I only
noticed via a chance reading of Radio Times and the breakdown of
gaffa/digest prevented me letting other European hounds know. It did
feature both of Kate's performances.

Neil (still trying to decide his DIDs!)
--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk