Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe backmasks

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1991 18:30:06 -0800
Subject: KaTe backmasks
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

John Grigrutis asks:

>Also, are there any other backmasks that I don't know about?

If you want to *really* blow your mind, sample and reverse the part of
"Watching You Without Me" where it sounds like KaTe is singing something like
"We really see you" (it follows the "Don't ignore, don't ignore me.  Let me
in and don't be long." segment).  There is another line on the song during
the chorus that's backmasked, but I don't even remember where it is.

Also on TNW, there's some debate about the choppy lyrics that appear in
both "Waking the Witch" and "Watching You Without Me."  (I'm talking about
the "Help me baby, help me baby, listen to me, listen to me...")  Depending
on how creative your interpretation is, you might come up with a backmasked
message there as well.  It's as choppy (or choppier) backward than forward
but there does seem to be *something* there.  It's especially noticeable on
the second such segment of "WYWM".

That's all I can think of...

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |