Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Windy City Katemas

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris Williams)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1991 00:16:00 -0800
Subject: Windy City Katemas
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Vickie here.

I had a wonderful time Saturday!!! Thanks to everybody who came.
I enjoyed meeting everybody and I hope you had a good time too.

Thanks to Larry on the West Coast and Gregory on the East Coast
for calling. It was a bit confusing on our end (what with 3 phones
off the hook, Chris frantically hooking up my microphone to relay
the calls from the speakerphone to the living room speakers and us
getting a call-waiting beep while talking to Boston--our front gate
is wired to the phone system, plus we were expecting a phone call
from Dave Cross in England that never came) but still, it was way
fun and we all enjoyed the calls. Larry, Andy, Ed, Gregory, woj, Jessica,
Doug...it was great to hear your voices.

Dave Datta, you left your TSW laser disc here. Jorn, you left
Cloudbusting (big applause to Ron Hill!!!!) here.

GREAT hats Jorn!

David Gravender came all the way from Toronto and we enjoyed having
him here. Ken Brownfield came from Champaign (did you get overwhelmed
by all the stuff I showed you Sunday? :-) Jerry (? My memory is so bad,
I can't remember your name. I should have had sign-up sheets) came
from Lafayette, IN, Dave Datta came from Kenosha, Wis. and brought 2
wonderful friends with him. Thanks for the Area tape Dave! Everyone
else was from the greater Chicago area. Thanks for coming!!!

Jeff Lueck & Mitch Pravitiner, good to meet you, Jorn and Mike Mendelson,
always glad to see you two. Patrick, our old friend and a Kansas City
Suspended In Gaffa listener, it was a treat that you could be here.
Kirstin, thanks for the Katemas tree, Ivy and delicious chocolate cake!
Jorn, thanks for the Waldorf salad! Jeff, thanks for the wonderful
seedcake (the first time I've ever had it) and the lasagna. Ken, thanks
for taking Chris to the airport Sunday. David, say hi! to Kim and the
next time you come, please bring Jane Siberry and Mary Margaret O'Hara
with you OK? :-) :-)

I hope I haven't forgotten any other Love-Hounds. Knowing my memory, I'm
forgetting somebody. The other people who were here aren't on the net.
Maybe we can fix that!

Till next year...

Happy Birthday Kate!

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)