Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "The Single File" VHS now out in U.S.

From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1991 10:32:30 -0800
Subject: Re: "The Single File" VHS now out in U.S.
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>From article <1991Jul29.164546.10024@zola.esd.sgi.com>, by portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.COM (Michael Portuesi):
>
> I was flipping through "Pulse!", the Tower Records marketing-mag
> yesterday, when in the "New Releases" section for video they listed
> "The Single File" now available on VHS in the U.S.
>
> Has anyone seen and/or purchased a copy of it?  Enquiring Love-Hounds
> want to know!

Our source for obscure video in Columbus is Aardvark Video.  They've
been looking for a copy of the _The Single File_ laser disc for us for
a while now so a week or so ago they called and said that the VHS
video had been rereleased in Canada and wondered if we wanted a copy.
We were hoping for some confirmation from him that this was a legit
release and not just another sighting of the "Cello Video" bootleg
before raising the hopes of Love-Hounds nationwide.  Hopefully this
"Pulse" item is verification.  I don't know why our source says
its from Canada, though.  The video is supposedly backordered right
now.

This raises my hopes that _The Single File_ may soon be released on
Laser Disc in the US.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com