Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Just 10 DID's

From: dbx@olympic.atmos.colostate.edu (Doug Burks)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1991 09:00:47 -0800
Subject: Just 10 DID's
To: rec-music-gaffa@ncar.ucar.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU

     "Alright, Doug.  I got this gun to your head, and we's gonna take ya to a
deserted island.  But being the warm-hearted guys we is, we'll letcha take ten
albums with you."
     "Just ten?"
     "Yep.  If ya can't choose ten, I shoot!"
     (Sigh!)  "I guess I'll start at the beginning.  Hmmm, not much in the A's.
Oh, here we go.  The B'52s.  Can I take more than one from a group?"
     "As long as ya take just ten!"
     "I guess I'll just have to pick one.  I'll go for _Wild Planet_.  Hmmm,
first tough choice.  I guess I'll have to live without the wonderful sophomoric
zaniness of Barnes & Barnes.  Hmm, I've got to throw in a greatest hits
collection of the Beach Boys.  Oh, no!  Just one album from the Beatles!?"
     "It's yer choice."
     "Arghh! [Add the sound of mentally flipping a half dozen mental coins].
Take _Rubber Soul_.  Hmmm, we come to the Bobs, another tough choice. Well,
let's take _The Bobs_, actually autographed!  Hmm, I just have to take
something from the Bonzo Dog (Doodah) Band, say _History of the Bonzos_.  By
the way, is the double album okay?"
     "I'll give it to ya."
     "Thanks.  Hmmm, how about two single albums as one shot?!"
     "Nope!"
     "Shit.  I guess I'll just have take only _Buffalo Springfield Again_ from
Buffalo Springfield.  Oh, no!  Only ONE KaTe album!!??  Can I count this box as
one album?"
     "No!!!  Youse tryin' my patience, kid!"
     "Mindful of the gun to my head, add _The Dreaming_ to the list.  Hmmm, I
had better get moving.  Flipping another mental coin (and getting away with
another double album), add _Trout Mask Replica_ by Captain Beefheart and his
Magic Band.  Hmmm, my god, another 'Oh, no!!!'.  At least, Creedence Clearwater
Revival has one fantastic album amid its great ones, _Willy and the Poor Boys_.
Hmmm, I guess the next one has to be _Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables_ by
the Dead Kennedys.  Hmmmm..."
     "Dat's ten, kid.  Let's go!"
     "But, I haven't even started yet!  From the other end, I can't LIVE
without something from Warren Zevon, Frank Zappa, Neil Young, XTC, X, Stevie
Won..."
     BANG!!!!

Just another rock fan whose glad he'll never get within a thousand miles of a
deserted island!

Doug Burks                                     _O_
dbx@olympic.atmos.colostate.edu                 |<       She really is!!