Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A couple of questions...

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1991 17:28:16 -0800
Subject: A couple of questions...
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

a)

I have a tape that, amongst other things, has some pretty miserable dubs
of "Organic Acid" and "Scares Me Silly," both of which are great songs.
When I bought "If You Could See Me Fly" I assumed that these songs both would
show up on "Passing Through Air."  When I finally got the second CD,
sure enough, there was, "Really Gets Me Going"--but just the one.  Is
"Organic Acid" available on CD?

b)
"Scares Me Silly" (or whatever IED and other scholars are calling this song),
recorded in '75 with the K.T. Bush Band (or so says the sometimes mistaken
liner notes of "PTA") contains the lines (I can't quite make out all the
lyrics), "...close our eyes to the cello solo/ and (pray) the music will never
let me blow away."  I can't help but connect this to "Blow Away", which was
written much later.  I guess I'm just wondering if there *is* some connection
between these two songs of rather divergent theme (though I guess they're
related in a weird sort of way; one is about music and death, the other is
about being in the studio, recording music).  Anyway, just a weird ponderance
I had today, walking home from the doctor's office listening to the tape.

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                | Time for you to / Be who you are."       |
|jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu          |                         --Happy Rhodes   |