Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"The Dreaming" video

From: turney@cs.cornell.edu (Jenn Turney)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1991 06:26:34 -0800
Subject: "The Dreaming" video
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Expires: Wed, 31 Jul 1991 04:00:00 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: turney@cs.cornell.edu

IED writes:
>   The face in the sand at the end of "The Dreaming" is Paddy's. The
>words he is speaking are Aborigine, though their meaning is not known
>to this fan.  IED has read in Love-Hounds that the words come from
>an Australian film called "Airplane, Airplane", or something like that.

I believe this refers to Werner Herzog's film _Where the Green Ants
Dream_.  Good film including lots of digeridu and a great scene
involving an elevator.

Jenn
| turney@cs.cornell.edu | Dept of Computer Science | Cornell University |
| And so I learned that familiar paths traced in the dusk of summer	|
| evenings lead as well to prisons as to innocent, untroubled sleep.	|
|				-- Albert Camus, _The Stranger_		|