Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

grrr.

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 1991 15:51:09 -0800
Subject: grrr.
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Talk about a wasted opportunity...

To "celebrate" Bastille Day, D.C.'s best radio station, WHFS, was having a
"menage a trois" weekend...aka threefers of either 3 tunes by the same
artist or 3 tunes following a common theme (one I heard was "duets" and all
3 duets had something to do with love).  The "finale" was 3 songs in which
at least some of the lyrics were in french.  Ah ha!, I thought, a perfect
opportunity!  Wonder if there's any chance I'll actually hear "Ne T'Enfui Pas'
or "Un Baisser d'Enfant" on the radio.

Well, I was only mostly disappointed.  They started with "Sunday Girl" by
Blondie (I have no idea what the french in it was...I stopped listening for
a moment and it was gone), a Police song (can't recall the title), and
finally, a touch-o-KaTe..."Games Without Frontiers".  It hard seems fair...
the program director's a bloody tease!

Jeff
(who, due to a broken CD player was only able to walk along the beach
listening to "The Ninth Wave" once during the entire 10 days he was at the
shore)

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                | Time for you to / Be who you are."       |
|jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu          |                         --Happy Rhodes   |