Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Finally-the N. Cal. Katemas RSVPs!

From: L-H@cup.portal.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1991 20:25:58 -0800
Subject: Finally-the N. Cal. Katemas RSVPs!
To: Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

Hi Love-Hounds,

Here are the names of the people who you can expect to see at the San
Jose Katemas party.  After each name, in parentheses, is the number of
people per respondent who are coming.  I apologize for this having taken so
long, but I am currently heavily preoccupied with a slight emergency in
the family which has been taking lots of my time the last nearly two
weeks.  If for any reason I don't include your name, please know that it
is unintentional.  On to the names:

John M. Relph (2 or 3)
Steve Carter (2, maybe 4)
Edward Suranyi (1)
Larry Hernandez (1, but have invited semi-fans from work-we'll see)
Henry Burdette Messener (1)-Thanks for offering your DAT deck, but I don't
                            know how we can use it.
Alex "Nighthawk" Gibbs (1)
Jill "Blondie" Firch (1)
Ray Peck (1)-Go ahead and bring your US laserdisks, Ray, even if it might
             be repetitive.
Jon Drukman (1)-Jon and John Relph are supposedly working on a KTune or so
                to entertain us with, using Jon's traveling music studio-
                they will also grace us with Jenn Tunney's cover of "Under
                The Ivy" on audiocassette.  Jon also promises to come with
                bells on and promises "other surprises."  Yow!
IED (1)-IED will be here with his universe-famous traveling Kate KollecTion.
        Those of you who have not yet experienced IED's KollecTion are in
        for quite a treat.  He'll also bring his laserdisk player and disks
        for the ultimate experience of really seeing just how complex and
        wonderful Kate's videos really are-yes, even the older ones.  I'm
        sure he'll also have many videotapes of rare Kate interviews and
        TV appearances.  And more, I'm sure (including his bells).
Marc Espie (1)-Marc is a real nice French guy I met at a record swap.  He
               said he'd really try to make it.  I hope so, Marc!
Ron "no, you type it, please" Hill (1)
Karen Newcombe (1)
Bill Wisner (1)-Really!  Our humble pseudo-moderator will be here!
Jonathan Cano (1)
Alan Chamberlain (1)
Keith Jones (1, maybe 2)
Lee Hounshell (1, I think)
Stewart Latham (1)
Randy Gobbel (1)
Allen Watson (1)
Cecilia Watson (1)-Allen and Cecilia are netless, but they know about the
                   party, and I'm expecting them.
Bob Davis (1-he's really gonna try to be here, but work may preclude this)
Karen Jutuzi (1)

So far, these are who you can expect.  It would be nice if you could maybe
bring food or drink of your choice.  Contributions toward more food and
drink (maybe), and phone calls to other parties will be happily accepted.
We'll have some door prizes as well.  The pizza idea sounded good-I'll
order some (meat and vegetarian) during the day.  I'd rather see more
salads than potatoe and tortilla chips, if you don't mind. :-)  Please
bring all your Kate-related stuff-the more the merrier!  I have both
the LP and Japanese CD _This Woman's Work_ boxes already here.  Dress
Kate-like.  Wear your buttons and other Kate-related clothes.  Please note
that there will be NO other artists played at my party-not even Jane; not
even Happy.  It's Kate's day.  I'm looking forward to seeing old and new
faces-it _is_ this that brings us together.

Once again, my address is 567 Boxleaf Court, San Jose, CA 95117.  The
festivities begin as soon as I wake up, and continue until we stop.  The
phone number is (408)249-4664.  I really hope someone can get that phone
to the Chicago party!!  It'd be too bad not being able to talk with
you guys.  If you had any doubts whatsoever, you will leave here convinced
that She really IS!

Larry (L-H@cup.portal.COM)