Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: More AATHP/LL Flapping (long)

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris Williams)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1991 10:32:00 -0800
Subject: Re: More AATHP/LL Flapping (long)
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Chris here,

  Nope, no quotes here. Richard is exibiting his usual rabid desire to have
the last word, and I will diplomatically let him. I'll just comment on a few
items that he mentioned, and let him froth to his heart's content in reply.

1: Is Little Light a worthy fanzine? I don't know. Due to economic factors
   we cannot afford every fanzine out there. It wasn't until our trip to
   England and vist to Homeground Towers that we actually subscribed to
   Homeground, a much quoted fanzine.

2: No, you are not offering a defense for AATHP/LL. Not an effective one.
   Just your usual knee-jerk reaction. (Your defense of the PMRC is engraved
   on the granite walls of the Hall of Bullshit.)

3: Vickie and I had a _good_ relationship with EMI-America. She once watched
   Kate videos in the boardroom of their L.A. office. Utterly insignificant.

4: Yes, you have no sense of humor.

5: Yes, in fact we know quite a lot about Dale Sommerville and Robin
   Carstairs, having "met" Dale before _Breakthrough_ and discussing his
   options on how to promote Kate, urging him to start a fanzine. Dale
   credited Vickie with the idea for the convention. Discretion forbids
   posting what we know about the true story of the saga of Dale and
   Robin. Dale's best defense is Breakthrough.

6: It seems that the only person who viewed my original post as an
   attack is Richard Caldwell. Even the people alleged being attacked
   haven't expressed that view. Paranoid?

   Virtually this entire issue has been between us, Richard. Froth your
last, and then continue it by e-mail if you must. By the way, you and Missy
are invited to visit us in Chicago at any time. Perhaps large doses of Kate
video on a 10' screen will help mellow you. If it doesn't help, we'll sell
tickets to area Kate fans to the verbal flame-war of the century.

                                Chris Williams of
                                    Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                                        katefans@chinet.chi.il.us