Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Til Tuesday

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1991 12:32:57 -0800
Subject: Re: Til Tuesday
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Mike (or is that Charlotte?  ;-) writes:

>Anyone know anything about Til Tuesday?
>Have they been around long?  Are there other albums?

'Til Tuesday has been around, oh, I dunno 6 years?  8?  A while...  They're
from Boston, and have released 3 albums to date.  The first was, I believe,
eponymous.  I can't think of the name of the second album (though I can
picture the cover...don't you hate when that happens?) but for some reason
I think it's 2 words, the second of which is "home."  The third is
_Everything's Different Now_, which I think is fantastic.  The band's one
big hit was "Voices Carry" which everyone should remember...  It's been
about 3 years since _EDN_ came out, but right now the band is floating
in limbo, looking for a new label.  It seems that Epic did a wretched
job of marketing _EDN_, and the album subsequently faded into obscurity.
The band has supposedly completed the 4th album, but without a record
company, it's just sitting in storage.

One thing of interest is that Aimee Mann, the lead singer, used to date
musician Jules Shear, who has a number of song-writing credits on the
album (though I don't think he was ever an actual member of the band).
Their break-up flavors a lot of the songs on _Everything's Different Now_.

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |