Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas update + mini Happy review

From: vishal@m2.csc.ti.com (Vishal Markandey)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1991 12:32:55 -0800
Subject: Katemas update + mini Happy review
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Dallas/Fort Worth's Katemas celebration update:

When: 7/27 (Saturday), starting about 6PM or so.
Where: My apartment (call me at 214-358-6515 or send email
		     to vishal@csc.ti.com for direction,
		     I'll post a map at a later date).

There should by about 15-20 people. Except for a scant
handful, these people are not "hardcore" Kate fans, most
of them do not even own all her albums. So the scant handful
of us have decided to take the opportunity to proselyti..., er,
well, we'll have several door prizes see, and they will be
"MisK. KaTe" tapes, songs culled from her albums and B-sides.
Love-Hound Harry Foster has kindly volunteered to make these
tapes. Other than the door prizes, there will be Kate music,
Kate videos, Kate posters and pictures, munchies (food ?)
and drinks.

Mini Happy review:

I got my Happy tapes (Vol I & II) and the "Warpaint" CD about
a week ago and have been assimilating the music. My initial
impression is that it is good music, but nothing to rave about.
Some of the songs are exceptional, such as "Murder",
"Case of Glass", and the beginnings of "He's Alive", but overall
I was left somewhat mystified at all the fuss made here sometime
ago.

- Vishal