Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kirsty MacColl

From: markp@serpens.sbi.com (Mark P*)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1991 11:28:29 -0800
Subject: Kirsty MacColl
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Cc: stern@chem.nwu.edu

Tue, 18 Jun 1991 10:28:28 -0800
stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern) writes:

>I got this off of some FTP site with discographies that dave datta
>talks about every now and then... it is very complete... but I have
>still been unable to find any pre-Kite Kirsty.  I *wish* they'd
>put out *everything* on cd.  Damn those record companies.

Discography follows.

It seems perhaps that many Kirsty MacColl fans are blissfully unaware
of her earlier efforts with U.K. Punk band 'The Drug Addicts', who
later shortened their name to 'The Addix', this is probably because
she used the pseudonym 'Mandy Doubt' (mandied out, geddit?).

She is featured on an EP called 'The Drug Addicts make a record'
which includes four tracks. The only one I can remember is called
'Gay Boys in Bondage' which had a chorus like:

Gay Boys in Bondage - Feel the pleasure and the pain
Gay Boys in Bondage - won't you beat me again!

and was recorded at RMS studios in Croydon sometime in the late seventies/early eighties.

and she still owes me a beer.

Marc Power.