Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A Cleveland Katemas

From: ryan@alpha.ces.cwru.edu (Ryan McGuire)
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1991 10:46:29 -0800
Subject: A Cleveland Katemas
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in Keywords: value found on hayes.ims.alaska.edu:Keywords: . ^-illegal word in phrase
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@usenet.ins.cwru.edu

ANNOUNCEMENT PART:

    My roommate and I decided we would host the first annual 1991
Katemas party.  A number of the anticipated attendees are not the
hardcore KateHeads that run rabid in this group, they probably don't
even have ALL the CD's yet! :^)
    The exact date has not yet been decided.  Of course, the closer
to the actual correct date (a tuesday if I'm not mistaken) the more
special it would be.  Of course Fridays and Saturdays are big party
nights.  If you plan on attending RSVP with your vote for when it
should be.  My vote is for having it the same night as other parties
across the country.  That way we can revel in our Kateness over the
phone.  "No wait," my roommie says, "we can get on IRC (Internet Relay
Chat) and discuss the parties as they're happening."

    Some ideas for the party:  Kate trivia.  Song title charades.
Scavenger hunt through our house - find things such as a white rose,
a picture of Hitler, a copy of Wuthering Heights.  Play a montage
of songs and see who can identify the most.

QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS PART:

    When are all the other parties?

    Phil Smyth, are you coming?  Do you have any Katephenalia you could
bring?

    Does anyone out there have any videos I could somehow get a copy of?
(Vickie -n- Chris, IED, etc...)  If you sent me the tapes I could do
the copying, or, if you're worried about such prized possessions in the
mail, I could send you a blank tape.

    Does anyone know how to get posters, videos, and such if I can't find
them at my local retailer?  For instance direct from the distributor/
manufacturer.  Prices?  Addresses?

SIGNATURE PART:

Some say that knowledge is something that you never have.  | Ryan McGuire
Some say that knowledge is something sat down in your lap. |
Some say that heaven is hell -                    +--------+
    some say that hell is heaven.  --  Kate Bush  | ryan@alpha.ces.cwru.edu