Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Letter from KKSF about Kate

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 91 11:56:27 PDT
Subject: Letter from KKSF about Kate

KKSF, as I've mentioned once before, is a San Francisco radio station
that plays mostly jazz and new age.  They also play what I might call
"alternative light rock", such as Tanita Tikaram.  So I figured they
might play at least some Kate, and I wrote them a letter asking if they
did.  Much to my surprise, I actually got a reply in today's mail:

"Edward,
     "Thanks for the nice words.
     "We do play one KATE BUSH song -- "The Man With The Child In His Eyes."
Frankly, as much as we enjoy much of her music, we're not quite sure it
would fit our sound; Kate's distinctive voice is a bit quirky at times.
     "Thanks for the input.
                                             Steve Feinstein
                                             Program Director"

GRRR!  Haven't we all heard this before?  Well, at least they play one
song!

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov