Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

To Jenn, Jon, and Richard, from Vickie

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 91 12:15:31 CDT
Subject: To Jenn, Jon, and Richard, from Vickie

[This is a phone-dictation, off the top off Vickie's head, after I
summarized some of the recent discussion for her.  She's been worrying that
the Happy-traffic was getting kind of overwhelming, and wanted to jump
right in with this conciliatory offer.]

Vickie here:
I understand your problem with Happy taking up so much space in gaffa.  If
I weren't familiar with an artist, I'd probably be upset, too, if they were
taking up so much space in a Kate Bush forum.  However, Happy is truly,
truly special.  In our lifetimes, she's the closest we'll ever come to
having an American "Kate Bush".

The fact that she's a Kate Bush fan herself makes it even more appropriate
that she be talked about here, by other Kate Bush fans.  I will make this
offer for you three only: email to Jorn your home addresses, and I will
send you free of charge a sampling of Happy's music, so you can at least
get a feeling for what we're talking about.

If after you've heard Happy's music, you still feel the same way, then so
be it.  Happy is very very special to me, and seeing a Happy "backlash"
hurts as much as it would to see an anti-Kate backlash.  So it's important
to me that you at least hear what she sounds like before this goes any
further.