Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

From: hargie@chinet.chi.il.us (Kirstin Hargie)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 91 19:57 CDT
Subject: in reply to Larry...i thnink

dang this stupid keyboard....

anyway why larry aksks should he buy Happy's CD.  Well yes or rather you
should buy it not because she can tend to sound like Kate, but because
It is simply brilliant.  As Ive said before Happys voice is a mixture of
Kate's Aniinie Lennox, Sarah Mclachlan etc.  But I k..now see it as
simply Happy!  Happy has powerful lyrics that are supported by equally
powerful music.  Tha's one reason I love Kate because her music is supported
by lyrics that are interesting and powerful.....the same can be said about
Happy.  Happy also has that rare ability to be completely baffling at times.
Some of her songs are beyond my comprehension at least on my drone sa..shallow
level.  One can listen over and oe..over to Happy's music, and each time
or each listen glean something new from the music.  You certainly cannot say
that for 95% percent of the music out there tosday!
     You shouldn't buy Happy because she may be like Kate, you should buy
her because she has a unique and rare talent that deserves support!  Please
don't see the mail order as a hindrance (excuse atrocious spelling), but
rather as guin...genuine support, since you are paying dri..directly to
Happy, not some cheesy middleman!
     This is of course only my .02 cents worth....take it or leave it...but
please don't ignore Happy......at least give her a try...

more later on Happy's albums....after I make the files!

Kirstin
hargie@cin...chinet.chi.il.us
hargieka@clutx.clarkson.edu