Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

e: Outreach Reprieve (etc.)

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 91 15:22:51 -0400
Subject: e: Outreach Reprieve (etc.)

Jorn says:
> 1)  He's got 500 names he mails to, ~300 in the US.  Are we prepared to
> welcome them all to Katemas parties?  I hope we are, as they're surely the
> truest and the bluest, but the thought is a wee bit alarming...

"wee bit alarming?"  "WEE BIT ALARMING!!??"  sheesh, my housemates are going
to *kill* me.  like, "hi john, how's it going, oh by the way, i'm having
300 KaTe-Krazed fans over for dinner tomorrow..."

maybe i can convince my parents to go out of town -- they've got a *big*
house (well, harvard has a big house, and they live in it...)

*anyway*, i'm working on some ideas for the Boston party -- leading concept
is an interactive KaTe installation, using the pile of Macs and Amigas
i've somehow accumulated.  i'm working on a motion-to-MIDI converter to
interface to the MAX software -- it ought to be a trip...  ("...300 dazed
and confused fans...")

i just picked up a video tape at Second Coming Records in cambridge called
"Kate Bush:  The Collection" -- it's black with a color KaTe-in-a-wuthering-
heights-white-lace-top-from-the-chest-up-like-page-three-of-the-tour-program
photo.  nice looking package, shrink-wrapped;  i thing it said "mirage
productions".  anyway, it seems to contain most of the standard KaTe
broadcast clips, including SNL, the dr. hook "interview", the strap-splitting
_Wedding List_ (good lord, what poise!), etc. -- i haven't had a chance to
watch the whole thing...  some of the videos are very good quality (like
"The Wedding List", some are less so, but *definitely* worth the $24 i
paid.  keep your eyes peeled!  (BTW, anyone know anything about this video?)

thank you thank you thank you Jeff, Vickie, Chris, et al, for the Happy
lyrics!  i'm waiting desperately for "Would That I Could" (sic?) from
Ecto -- up there with RUTH for leaving me dazed and blind with rapture
(which is awkward while driving, BTW;  but what a way to go!)

got another dozen+ GIFs, including the Lionheart/Tour of Life tour package;
just have to get them up to alaska.  many thanks to all who sent GIF
conversion suggestions.  (and apologies to dan RILEY who i've only known
for 12 years for spelling his name wrong...  gotta start sleeping more!)

well, this is getting kinda long -- better footah off!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com