Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ha! got another one!

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 91 03:01:48 EST
Subject: ha! got another one!

"I gotta play some of this woman's music for you..."

"Who is she?"

"I told you already, she's this great singer/songwriter from Albany, NY.
If you like KaTe as much as you say you do, you'll like it."

[pop in _Ecto_]

"Neat stuff.  Pretty voice."

[songs continue; "Would That I Could" starts]

"Are you sure this isn't Kate Bush?"

[a few minutes later]

"Can I dub these albums"

[upon hearing the response]

"Oh.  Do you have an address and a catalog so I can order them?"

<grin>

[a while later, amidst raves]

"I just can't believe she doesn't have a recording contract with a major
label.  It just doesn't seem fair."

It's amazing how simple it is to do this to people...;-)

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  They know the way to be happy" --KaTe |