Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

This Woman's Work and other miscellany

From: rlm@ms_aspen.hac.com (R. L. McMillin)
Date: Fri, 31 May 91 13:15:43 PDT
Subject: This Woman's Work and other miscellany

Saying "This Woman's Work" is "sadly overpriced" is an understatement!
Has anybody found a better source for this CD set?  My girlfriend and I
will be looking in Arkansas on the theory that lower prices prevail
where there is little demand...  (She grew up there.)

Also, I noticed a lack of Katemas parties in the Los Angeles area.
Since IED announced his moving to the City of Angels recently, I
wondered if perhaps there were anyone else in this area interested
in starting one (unfortunately, I don't have the space to do it).

On Vickie's report that

> Warpaint is in the Rhino Records _store_ in LA"

Really?  How disturbing not to have found it first!  And to have
to admit to the chagrin of an non-local knowing about something
as useful as a good record store.  Additional info?

Here in LA, we are working on getting better radio stations, since
Kate airplay seems to be at record lows (so to speak).  MARS-FM just
started broadcasting (one infamous (?) Fredrick J. Snakeskin as
program director) but so far very little Kate...