Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Outreach Reprieve

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Thu, 30 May 91 11:52:40 CDT
Subject: Outreach Reprieve

Tom of C-Side is holding off his mailing for at least two more weeks, until
he has his BBS operational, so we have a chance to think thru some
implications, here.

1)  He's got 500 names he mails to, ~300 in the US.  Are we prepared to
welcome them all to Katemas parties?  I hope we are, as they're surely the
truest and the bluest, but the thought is a wee bit alarming...

2) Can I include info on what's involved in getting folks hooked into the
net, if they've got the will?  How did C&V do it? (I guess I can ask V
that!)  What other public access facilities are available?

3) Can we get volunteers in other cities to offer their phone numbers even
if there's no Katemas involved, just to answer questions and serve as
centers of communication?

Reaching out for the star that explodes...!