Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Games without Frontiers

From: Jon Drukman <jondr@sco.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 91 10:18:26 PDT
Subject: Re: Games without Frontiers
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.com

No one yet knows why nitehawk@CCA.UCSF.EDU said:
>I thought Peter Gabriel refered to _Security_ as the "wold's first disposable
>album title."  Apparently the record company insisted on some sort of
>identification on it so a compromise was reached wherein a sticker saying
>"Security" was placed on the wrapping of each album.  Peter Gabriel agreed
>since this sticker would usually be thrown out as soon at the album was
>unwrapped.

Interesting story, but it's not what I remember.  "So" was supposed to be
disposable because it didn't mean anything, and it was just chosen for its
shape.

On the other hand, my memory sucks.

--
Jon Drukman (imploded dub mix)               uunet!sco!jondr      jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.