Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy news from Vickie

From: brianb@natinst.com (Brian Bloom)
Date: 23 May 91 16:05:08 GMT
Subject: Re: Happy news from Vickie
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I have to agree, Austin is an IDEAL launching ground for Happy!

KGSR is rapidly becoming one of the most popular stations in town.
It started out as a tiny Jazz/New Age station until it came under
new management.  Jody Denburg was one of the most respected DJ's
at another station, but decided to switch to the new KGSR.  Since then,
KGSR has grown in music selection, and in taste.  I hear KaTe all the
time on the station, along with many other great female vocalists.

I got excited when I saw that KGSR might be getting Happy's stuff.  They
have a commitment to playing new music, and showcasing new artists.

It would be great if they could coincide her Austin debut by releasing
Warpaint at the Tower here.

KUT is a good suggestion, too, with a wide variety of programming and a
dedicated listening audience.  Another possibility is KTSB, the
alternative cable radio station for The Univ. of Texas.  They play
ANYTHING.  I'm sure that if they could get their hands on any of Happy's
music, they'd play her, and to an audience that many other stations
could never reach.

Do it!

Brian Bloom         (Tune 'em in: KGSR 107.1, KUT 90.5, KTSB cable 92.7)
brianb@natinst.com