Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTemas, etc.

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Tue, 21 May 91 17:17:01 -0400
Subject: KaTemas, etc.

saturday, july 27th does seem to be the ideal day to hold a KaTemas
party;  unless anyone has an objection this will be the boston area
date as well.  BTW, i can get a laser(video)disk player for the party,
but i am regretfully lacking the disks themselves.  two solutions:
1) someone brings them or 2) someone tells me where i can find them
via mail or in the boston area...

keep the dreams coming!  |>oug's made me laugh so hard it hurt.  (ouch!)

technical question:  i'm currently 'porting' images scanned on an apple
flatbed scanner to gif format by:

        using imagestudio(tm) to convert the scans to EPS format
        editing the EPS files and stripping out the image data
        kermitting 'em up to our friendly VAX
        and converting to GIF via psidtopgm and ppmtogif

it would be much easier to go via TIFF or PICT format and skip the
EPS editing, but tifftopgm is rejecting the imagestudio TIFF files.
sorry for bothering y'all with this stuff, but surely there is an
old GIFer out there who has some suggestions...?

many thanks for the news on Arson Garden;  their first CD is a definite
fave-rave o' mine.  bummer it's only an EP...

repeat question:  is there a KaTe.gif index?  (Ron?)

well, time to footah on out of here...
-greg -- gb10@gte.com

P.S. Klaus says (welcome, Klaus!):
> ...I found out that the guy I share my office with is a fan from the
> early days... He is one of the lucky persons who was at the Hammersmith
> concert...

did any of you LoveHounds catch a performance?  it wasn't that long ago!
i don't think i've ever seen a first hand account...
-g