Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

knock knock

From: Klaus Kluge <kkluge@Materna.DE>
Date: Tue, 21 May 91 09:17:06 +0200
Subject: knock knock

Knock knock ..... may I come in ?

Hi everybody !

After reading gaffa reguarly for some months now, I've finally found out
how to post messages so I'll do what everybody else did for introduction.
So here is how I've discovered KaTe and what my favourite album is.

I became interested in Her music when 'Running Up That Hill' was on the
air all the time. The rhythm and voice of the song caught me instantly.

After buying the 12" version of RUTH I learned that there is an album.
... After buying 'Hounds of Love' I learned that there are more albums.
....... After buying all the albums I learned that there are videos.
And now, after collecting everything I could find, here comes r.m.g.
             I hope life has more surprises like that!

The videos were a special point. I didn't like those bulky VHS tapes and
decided to never ever get a VCR. Boy (and girl), was I wrong!
One day I saw the 'Life at Hammersmith Odeon' videotape in my local
record shop and was not able to leave it on the shelf. I just had to buy it.
So there I was, proud owner of a KaTe-video (and a great one I was sure)
standing on my shelf now but I had no player to watch it.

As you all will agree to, that's a good reason to get a VCR, isn't it?
And a HiFi-player to connect to the HiFi would be suitable. Right? Right!

Mentioning my affection for KaTe one day, I found out that the guy I share
my office with is a fan from the early days. He's british (from Ashford/Kent)
and KaTes father was his doctor. He is one of the lucky persons who was at
the Hammersmith concert.

By the way, we're in the KT department of course, although for other reasons.

Although I have seen Her TV-debut in "Bio's Bahnhof" in '78 it had no effect
on me at that time. Only when it was repeated about a year ago I remembered
seeing it before.

My favourite album is, without hesitation, 'The Dreaming'.
Although I like 'Hounds of Love' as much as TD, I vote for TD because of
it's variety.

But I really can't vote for my favourite video or song. I like them all and
preferences depend too much on my mood.

Additionally I would like to thank everybody in r.m.g for maintaining this
never ending flow of information and enjoyment. It was here where I first
heard about the TWW-set. I've made a tape of the two new TWW-CDs (well, as
far as they fit on a 90 min. tape) and for the last 2 months it is constantly
running while driving to/from work.

Thanks to a message by Scott Telford I was able to arrange a recording of
GLC on BBC2 this month, and hopefully I will be able to get and watch it by
the end of this month.

The friends and promoters of Happy Rhodes can mark another success. I've just
ordered Warpaint and Ecto. Unfortunately it will take at least 4 weeks before
I can listen to them. So stay tuned until I can tell you if I like them.

Alright, that's enough to introduce myself.

        May the newsfeed be with you.

                Klaus

 He thought he was gonna die. But he didn't.   | Klaus Kluge
 She thought she could never cope but she did. | aka  Unicornuus Marinus
 We thought it was all over. But it wasn't     |--------------------------
 ...... it hadn't started yet.         (KaTe)  | kkluge@elwood.Materna.DE