Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Arson Garden..

From: bullroar@darkside.com (Mark Kraft)
Date: Sat, 18 May 91 04:12:21 PDT
Subject: Arson Garden..
Comments: The Sleepless Eye Illuminati, Inc.

I had the pleasure of booking the band when I was working for KSJS heavily..
they had the same booking agants as the band that they were touring with,
Caterwaul.. For those who don't know about how Arson Garden are in concert,
they are very good.. The lead singer has a style that is reminecent of a
cross between  the Throwing Muses and Sonic Youth.. They were very very good
and I hope you all support them, because they have a lot of potential..
Also, as for Caterwaul, they are the greatest group of people that you'd
want to meet.. They're led by Betsy Martin, who has a natural gift.. A voice
that is unlike any out there.. The guitarist Mark has a sound that is as
wide as the grand canyon, and has the same beauty to it as a flower in the
desert. I suggest that those who haven't heard open their wallets and then
their ears.. They are out on IRS records and Arson Garden, although hard to
get, is available on Community 3 records out of Brooklyn, NY.. For other
fans of Caterwaul, I give you this as a gift.. not the home phone # (don't
want to piss them off..) but an address.. Caterwaul, P.O. Box 6121, Burbank,
CA 91510. I think that's right.. the card is a bit worn.. :)
Mark Kraft,
332 N. 8th St. apt 2b,
San Jose, CA 95112

P.S.. is the date and location of Katemas San Jose set as yet? Oh.. and
there's no message in the memory of the BBS I'm using that has the details
on contacting Happy and orderring her stuff.. Anyone have a # for her
label/manager/whatever so I can get her stuff on college radio over here?
Much appreciated..