Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Arson Garden and this 'n that...

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Date: Fri, 17 May 91 22:59:21 EST
Subject: Arson Garden and this 'n that...

A while back (a month or two), someone asked about the status of the
band Arson Garden (which fits nicely into gaffa thanks to lead singer/
songwriter April Combs).  Well, today I noticed flyers posted around
Bloomington stating that AG will be at Jake's for the an album release
party on May 23.  Cover is $2.  There was no information as to the
title of the album, or the actual street date of the album, but I guess
one could start looking for it in about a week's time.

Unfortunately, I have 2 midterms on the 24th, so I don't think I'll be
able to go.  Grrrrr.

I just put on Rhodes Volume II a few minutes ago; I'm not sure if it
was a sign of my rapidly deteriorating tape, or something just didn't
line up right on the autoreverse, but for a few minutes I couldn't figure
out why things sounded so disturbing.  Eventually I realized that I was
hearing the left track in my right headphone, and in the left ear I could
hear one of the tracks from the other side of the tape--backward!  Oof!

Today, sitting in a class, I looked out the window.  The sky was a dark
grey.  Offset against the sky was a tree, lit by some bright rays of
sunlight from a cloudless area of the sky.  All I could think of was
sitting there "...in the thunder/the green on the grey."  Spectacular!

As for all of these people having Kate Bush dreams, all I can say is:

"we *all* have a dream...maybe"

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  They know the way to be happy" --KaTe |