Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Am I doing it? Can I have it all now?"

From: Jeff Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 May 91 08:34:41 -0500
Subject: "Am I doing it? Can I have it all now?"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Patrick Ryan asks:

>What does she mean by "Are we doing it, can we have it all now?"
>Sorry, I forget the song name <duck to avoid flames>.

This is pretty well addressed in that quote I sent a long a few days ago--
the question is being asked by someone who's in a purgatory-like state...
they've seen the face of God (or some other bright and shiny wonderful thing),
had it taken away, and been told "be good and we'll let you see it again..."
Much like the character in "Sat in Your Lap," the character in "SiG" is
impatient, not wanting to sit through the [punishment] before having it all.

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                |"I've lost my way through this world of |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   | profanities/I thrive on the wind and   |